Dangers for Dogs: Pet Safe Home Guide discusses several safely issues to consider when you are making your home pet safe. Many of them are also issues you would consider for people and especially older adults, babies & children. The important take away from today’s article is to do the research (begin with the resources provided) and make a list of the dangers in your home, in the yard, or other areas where your dog may be exploring.
Dangers for Dogs will often fall into two categories.
- Poisonous Items: Potentially dangerous when in contact with skin or when ingested. “Toxins can enter the body in multiple ways including through contact, ingestion and inhalation” LA-Blog
- Household cleaners,
- Foods unsafe for dogs (chocolate, raw meat, chicken bones, and so on),
- Plants unsafe for dogs, click here for Safe Plants for dogs click here for poisonous plants
- Unsafe Toys (small parts, sharp edges, toxic materials, rawhide, and so on).
- Dangerous Obstacles: Potentially dangerous as may promote accidents (slips, falls, or entanglement) and subsequently cause your pet harm.
- Breakable furniture or collectibles,
- Obstructions in the flow of traffic,
- Project supplies (hobbies, cooking, laundry, and so on).
- Dangers for Dogs Water Safety
- Do not allow free access without supervision to swimming pools in your own yard or in the neighborhood.
- Teach your puppy/dog how to get out of a pool.
- Check water quality before allowing your pet to swim. Click here to read Dog Swimming Safety
- Keep standing water down to reduce possibility of mosquito eggs hatching
- Keep pool chemicals out of reach.
When a space in the home is problematic and you are unable to remove risks install safety gates, covers, or guards to prevent access.
Dangers for Dogs Resources and References
Read More Getting Lifestyle Right Series
We love to provide information to our families to support and increase optimal health of their puppies, as well as into adulthood increasing the longevity of their life!
The brand you feed is the most important decision you can make as a pet parent.
Visit our resource page: (http://wisteriagoldens.com/lifes-abundance/) and let me know if you have any questions.